6.13.2011

Monday, June 13, 2011

After a relaxing day yesterday spent becoming even closer with our tight-knit group and another delicious breakfast this morning, we were off! We packed our bags again and loaded everything on the bus and were on the road again, heading back to Queenstown to stay there for the night. But on the way we stopped at a sheep farm! It was quite the experience. Seeing these super smart dogs herd all the wandering sheep was priceless! It made me miss my puppy at home. But anyways, I don’t think I will ever take that many pictures of sheep ever again. Seriously. I have like hundreds of pictures from today and they are all of sheep. Too funny. 




So now we’re in Queenstown staying at this really sweet hotel called Nomads. It’s really unfortunate that we are only in Queenstown one night because it’s a really neat place. It’s a nice change from the unpopulated little town we’ve stayed in for the last couple days. But I’ve heard some really great things about Queenstown and it’s fun nightlife and it’s awesome people so I’m excited to see what it has to offer! Besides what’s going on here, with all these long bus rides to different locations and early bedtimes, I have a lot more time than I thought I would to think about home and how much I miss it. Not having any way of communicating with anyone back home is hard, but I know it will all be worth it in the end. Just know that I am thinking of you all and I’m missing you a ton and wishing you were all here to share this amazing experience with me. It’s weird to think that in a month and a half, being far from home will be normal. I’m going to college this fall and it’s starting to really hit me. I’m not one to get very homesick, but I have found myself getting sentimental multiple times on the trip. But with us all being such a close group already, I think I’ll get by just fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment